Wine Closures by Nomacorc…Different Inside and Out
What makes Nomacorc synthetic wine closures a superior choice can be summed up in one word: consistency. Our patented co-extrusion manufacturing process creates alternative wine closures with a foamed core and an outer skin. These two elements work hand in hand to create predictable and consistent wine preservation performance.
The core of Nomacorc wine closures is breathable and allows optimum control of oxygen transfer through the closure. The outer flexible skin provides a precise and consistent seal, protecting the wine while providing the traditional appearance and opening ceremony associated with natural corks.
Advantages of Nomacorc Wine Closures
- No cork taint or off-flavors associated with natural and technical corks
- More consistent oxygen transfer rates than other closure types including natural cork, technical cork, other synthetic corks, and screw caps
- More consistent bottling line behavior than other closure types including natural cork, technical cork, other synthetic corks, and screw caps
- Natural cork look without breakage and crumbling
- Smooth, easy extraction with traditional cork screws
- Carbon footprint similar to natural and technical cork with much lower water usage during manufacturing
- Significantly lower carbon footprint than other synthetic corks and screw caps